1 a switch that interrupts an electric circuit in the event of an overload
2 a photograph from which the background has been cut away
3 a part that is cut out or is intended to be cut out
Cut out may refer to:
- Cut-out (espionage), a mechanism used to pass information
- Cut-Outs (Photographic Industry), the definition of an image which is photographed on a white background and can be cut-out for layout purposes.
- Cut-Outs or Cutouts (Digital Photography), the definition of an image which is predominantly black and white, with the original colour elements showing. Usually created in a photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Cut-out (recording industry), deeply-discounted or remaindered recordings
- To "cut out" of a scene is to make an editing transition: see film editing
- Cutout (electric power distribution), a combination fuse and knife switch used on power poles